Start-up


I went to Yiwu for a business trip because of some urgent businesses. My plan before the trip was to immediately go to Yiwu alone, but I went there with Mr. Kook because I thought that it was pretty hard for me to drive to a Yiwu station at 4’o clock in the morning and handle several matters. When I arrived at the Yiwu train station, it was under construction for several months. 

I thought the new subway stop would be opened soon. It’s quite extensive. In South Korea, when young people establish a new company, it is called as ‘Start-up.’ I don’t know the Chinese term about it. It might be just ‘establishment.’ South Korea recommends that young people do start a business. 

In some ways, I feel like there are more considerations and opportunities for start-up in China than in South Korea. Korea has an advanced internet environment, but there is no the global internet-based service company. On the other hand, China has a lot of internet-related companies, such as Tencent and Alibaba. The interest in opening new business is beckoning young people. 

However, the whole country in China seems to be full of the new business fever, but it is not easy. However, it is easier in China than in South Korea. Many private operators have their own business in Tobo. 

Everything all over the world is selling in the site, Tobo. There are various people who have a passion for a new business, fail in months, or challenge in another field. In fact, South Korea has a weak base to open a new business. When I access to We Chat of Tencent, I can see various services. There are two kinds of services: one is a thing that We Chat made and the other is the rest of the things. 

The latter is really much more than the former. So, if We Chat makes a market place, people start to sell and buy something, and then there are lots of newly created services in the place. Kakao Inc. that is a Korean mobile service company offers a private sales system in small quantities. But, We Chat has had this kind of sales method for a long time. It might be that instead of the government, enterprises create a venture ecosystem by themselves. 

These days, we can see various Chinese internet-based services in South Korea, but we are not sure whether China follows what South Korea does or vice versa. There is a selling and buying market place in China that a famous Korean company totally imitated. This is because it’s been four or five years since I saw the market place in China for the first time, whereas I saw it in Korea around a year of 2014. 

One different thing is category. Hhm.. I don’t know. Anyway, start-up is really hard for everyone regardless of age. I hope that Korean companies need to learn an incubating way of We Chat. There are lots of differences between the venture in the United States and a Korean thing. I think that who gets an opportunity first is really important. 

I am really envious of We Chat… Some say that if I envy others, I am lost, but I think I just need to be better than before. 
It is not long until we meet with a technology of We Chat.


Comments