A crime of coercion


When she uses a desktop, the power is sometimes off. So, she lost the files about bookkeeping in the computer altogether and did it again. I bought a laptop for her. Even though the electricity fails, she is able to carry on accounting work without any worries. She is nineteen years old in China. 

I usually try to consider her to respect her ideas. She might have a hard time having a mind of her own. She is still supported by her parents, so she judges something by herself and is going to create a new standard for the judgment based on her experience. No one must not extort something from anyone. 

However, I sometimes force her to do something. Actually, she doesn’t think this is coercion. She might consider it as an order from a boss. Order and coercion are totally different. Coercion is the act or process of persuading someone forcefully to do something that they do not want to do. This is illegal. I sometimes pressure her as well as other employees to do something.


We do work overtime for three days because of a container delivery planned on 20th. We usually work over 10’o clock at night. I feel really sorry for our employees. Anyway, I commit a crime of coercion. I force them to do something that they don’t want to. In order to expiate my guilt, I would be better not to force now. 

In some ways, persuading someone to do is a kind of forcing. I don’t think this and my coercion are different. I am actually not sure that this is really coercion. I hope the new world that people can live as our will have arrived soon. Life seems too tough. 

Comments